Visual merchandisers use visual design techniques and skills to help promote a company’s products, services and image.
They create attractive product displays, store layouts and designs to not only attract customers, but entice customers to buy.
Companies typically hire visual merchandisers with college related coursework or degrees in visual design and related fields.
The visual merchandiser job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Visual Merchandiser at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified visual merchandiser, with a background in design (preferably within the retail industry) and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Previous retail experience
- Able to work with minimal supervision and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong fashion and styling sense
- Must be able to accept critique / feedback
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Producing design ideas for displays & floor plans
- Creating specific promotional displays
- Analyzing & using store space wisely
- Providing feedback to management
- Moving & arranging display items from back inventory rooms, to the store displays
- Instructing sales associates on how goods should be displayed
- Taking & removing old displays
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Visual Merchandiser jobs now and apply on Proven.
Post this visual merchandiser job directly to all major job boards with one submission.