Technical support engineers are typically hired by companies to maintain their computer systems.
They handle network and server configuration, while documenting new procedures that quickly resolve computer system issues.
This includes solving any technical related issues regarding to a customer’s account.
Most technical support engineers have at least an associate’s degree or a bachelors degree in computer sience or computer programming.
Sometimes, in addition to a related college degree, companies may require a technical support engineer to have a specific certification in network or operating system.
The technical support engineer job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified technical support engineer with extensive knowledge of computer & network systems.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in a similar role
- A history of successful computer systems experience
- Solid references
- Diagnose & troubleshoot computer systems
- Document new procedures
- Prepare network & server reports
- Answer customer related technical issues
- Resolve technical customer accounts
- Communicate information to developers and other engineers
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Technical Support jobs now and apply on Proven.