The server, or more classically known as the waiter or waitress, is often the face of your overall restaurant experience.
The server provides a personal touch to your dining experience.
A server might guide you in what to eat, drink and maybe even where to go after your dining experience is over!
The server job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Server at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION is seeking friendly, knowledgeable, service-oriented waiter with a passion for hospitality to join our team.
As the primary point of contact for guest interactions in the dining room, the server is responsible for selling and serving food and beverages using their knowledge, hospitality and service skills.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Open availability. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Prior experience working as a server or host
- Excellent communication abilities
- Making menu suggestions and describing the dishes to guests
- Delivering food to tables
- Overseeing table maintenance
- Monitoring guest satisfaction
- Familiarity with POS
- Must have flexible schedule
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Server jobs now and apply on Proven.