A sales director is in charge of making an effective and profitable team of company sales managers.
In order to make an effective and profitable team, a sales director must implement effective national or international sales plans.
Typically, sales director positions are placed in large companies, where they are needed to keep a company’s goals relevant and on track.
Usually, companies prefer sales directors with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within the business field, but extensive work experience in sales can be a substitute.
The sales director job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Sales Director at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified sales director, who has great leadership skills and the ability to meet company goals in an efficient manner.
- 5-10 years of sales experience with a demonstrated track record of over-achievement
- Proven ability to develop and initiate strategies for revenue and client count growth as well as expense control
- Strong understanding of sales
- Experience running and building a sales team
- Build, maintain, and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline
- Accurately forecast sales results
- Follow a structured sales methodology as well as meet/exceed sales quotas
- Great communication skills
- Exceptional references
- Developing approved sales plans & strategies
- Overseeing and managing a team of sales managers
- Seeking out major clients & developing a relationship with them
- Identifying emerging market
- Maximizing company profits
- Forecasting future company sales
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Sales Director jobs now and apply on Proven.
Post this sales director job directly to all major job boards with one submission.