A paralegal, also known as a legal secretary, is responsible for assisting and providing legal support and administrative tasks for lawyers and other legal professionals.
Typically, paralegals work within a law firm or under an attorney. They are not permitted to perform or offer legal services on independently (with the exception of Ontario, Canada).
Paralegals assist is research, writing and conducting a trial. They serve as administrative support for the lawyer and/or law firm for whom they work.
The paralegal / legal assistant description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Paralegal at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified Paralegal / Legal Assistant.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of state and federal court rules and filing procedures
- Solid calendaring, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Solid references
- Investigating facts related to the case
- Researching relevant laws, regulations and legal articles related to the case
- Gathering evidence and legal documents for attorneys to review
- Writing reports to help attorneys prepare for trial
- Cross-checking a validating all information related to trial
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Procuring affidavits and formal statements
- Helping lawyers during trial by taking notes and reviewing transcripts
- Scheduling meetings with clients, witnesses and other attorneys
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Paralegal jobs now and apply on Proven.