A Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing mechanical and electromechanical products and systems.
Mechanical engineers often will analyze existing problems to determine how mechanical and thermal devices can help solve the problem.
A mechanical engineer develops, tests and re-tests the devices they develop to make sure they solve the problems at hand.
Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines.
The mechanical engineer description is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified Mechanical Engineer.
- Attention to detail
- Prior experience working as a mechanical engineer
- Solid references
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Production planning
- Control engineering
- Conceptual skills
- Presenting technical information
- Reading blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials
- Analyzing problems and determining how they can be fixed by mechanical or thermal devices
- Developing and testing prototypes of designed devices
- Analyzing test results and changing design as needed
- Overseeing the manufacture of device
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Mechanical Engineer jobs now and apply on Proven.