A hotel front desk agent represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest’s stay.
A typical day as a hotel front desk agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests.
During check-in, a front desk agent will verify a guest’s method of payment and run a background credit check. Front desk agents will also try to upsell guest rooms, by sharing available alternatives and options.
There is no required education beyond a high school diploma, but most employers like to see a potential employee with previous hotel-related experience.
The hotel front desk job description is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Front Desk Agent / Receptionist at COMPANY NAME
Name in Location seeks a qualified physical front desk agent with a high level of professionalism and effective decision making .
Applicant must have strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Please have solid references
- Successful history as a front desk agent or related hospitality experience
- Must have a flexible work schedule
- Flexible schedule
- Task-driven individual
- Register & process guests and their assigned rooms
- Accommodate guest requests
- Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms
- Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services
- Handling cash payments
- Maintain a clean and neat front desk area
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
Hiring for another position? Check out our full list of our job description templates.
Job Seekers: Search for Front Desk Agent jobs now and apply on Proven.