A food runner is an important position for any busy restaurant.
Food Runners, also known as expeditors or server assistants, often act as a connection between the FOH and BOH that really makes a difference in timeliness of service.
Food Runners eliminate a lot of stress and dischord by communicating information between cooks and servers. They also make sure the food goes out at the right time looking as beautiful as the Chef intended.
The food runner job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
Job Title: Food Runner at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION is interviewing candidates for Food Runner positions.
The main responsibility for this position is to deliver food to guests in a friendly, professional & knowledgeable manner.
- Experience in full service restaurant is desired
- Ability to work well under pressure, be professional, efficient, detail-oriented, and courteous.
- Solid communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Task-driven individual
- Knowledge of all the ingredient details of every dish on the menu
- Delivering food to guest quickly and efficiently
- Communicating clearly with the kitchen and fron of house staff
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Food Runner jobs now and apply on Proven.