The Event Coordinator handles all aspects of an hotel-hosted event.
Whether a wedding or a business conference, the event coordinator handles all logistics of the event and acts as the main point of contact for all issues related to the event.
The event coordinator arranges formative plans with the client, handles the booking of the event and arranges the logistics of creating and hosting the event.
Event coordinators must possess excellent written and verbal communication as well as the ability to work well with others. Due to the nature of event planning, an event coordinator must be able to work well with many people, including vendors, clients and guests.
There are many moving pieces to an event and it all falls on the coordinator.
The event coordinator job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Event Coordinator at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified event coordinator with a high level of creativity and attention.
- Excellent written skills including experience writing marketing or public relations text
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great customer services skills
- Arranging event while following all company and safety standards
- Creating an agreement and budget with the client
- Communicating all budget, space and vendor progress with the clients
- Communicating any problems that arise in an upfroft manner with the client
- Maintaining communication with any outside vendors contracted for the event
- Welcoming all guests and address all needs
- Preparing and executing a detailed outline of the event needs
- Arranging meeting space, lodging for guests, food and drink, music, visuals and any other needs the client has>
- Breaking down and cleaning the event space once the event has drawn to a close
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Event Coordinator jobs now and apply on Proven.