A Director of Operations is responsible for the direction and coordination of an organization.
This position usually requires an advanced degree like a Master of Business Administration, as a Director of Operations is responsible for keeping businesses profitable throughout its every function, from human resources to production.
While daily functions of a Director of Operations rely heavily on a business or organization’s function, there is an overall job function.
Generally, a Director of Operations is responsible for the growth and profitability of a company or organization. This role may include expense control, staff management, goods production and department supervision.
This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
The director of operations job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Director of Operations at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks qualified Director of Operations.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Prior experience as director or operations manager
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
- Solid references
- Oversee manufacturing, purchasing and sales departments
- Identifying and targeting areas in which a business can improve operation
- Monitoring revenue margins
- Overseeing employee productivity
- Researching and implementing new directives for business growth and prosperity
- Developing and implementing guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Director of Operations jobs now and apply on Upward.net.