Corporate counsel refers to lawyers who are employed by businesses, corporations and organizations.
Corporate counsels advise businesses and their employees on a variety of legal matters.
Rather than working for a variety of clients, in-house counsel focuses all talent and energy on their employer.
Corporate counsels typically work within the businesses main office, but also travel to take part in meetings, trials and other legal proceedings related to the company.
The corporate / in-house counsel description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Corporate / In-House Counsel at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified corporate / in-house counsel.
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- Must have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue
- Advising executives within the company
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Corporate Lawyer jobs now and apply on Proven.