A Construction Supervisor oversees the construction activities that take place on the worksite.
They are heavily involved in planning, organizing and controlling projects.
Construction Supervisors are responsible for supervising the contractors and staff while maintaining a safe work environment.
The construction foreman acts as a project manager.
They are responsible for the projects from beginning to end, including staffing, budgets, maintaining policies, keeping the site safe and maintaining a set schedule.
The construction supervisor job description is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Construction Supervisor at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks qualified Construction Supervisor.
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Excellent communications skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in general construction
- Experience in supervising construction projects
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
- Hiring, training and general management of all employees on the project
- Monitoring performance of sub-contractors and staff
- Monitoring project budget
- Accomplishing project by defining the scope and resources required
- Allocating resources, materials, sub-contractors and other staff
- Maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety codes
- Submit a resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Related Jobs: Project Coordinator
Job Seekers: Search for Construction Supervisor jobs now and apply on Upward.net.