Truck drivers are primarily responsible for transporting goods from one location to another.
Truck drivers operate tractor-trailers and other large vehicles, transporting goods a few miles to a few hundred miles to their destinations.
In order to perform this work, you must have a commercial driver’s license and obtain the special permits to deliver specific cargo types.
The truck driver job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Commercial Truck Driver at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks a qualified commercial truck driver, who is dependable and deadline oriented.
Applicant must have a commercial driver’s license, with our specific cargo permits to carry our merchandise.
- Valid commercial truck driving license
- Solid references
- Clean driving record
- Flexible schedule
- Prior experience in commercial truck driving
- Load merchandise on vehicles
- Transport merchandise to their intended destinations
- Unload merchandise & into a customer’s building
- Routinely checking vehicle
- Maintaining vehicle (wash/clean inside & out of vehicle)
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Commercial Truck Driver jobs now and apply on Proven.
Post this truck driver job directly to all major job boards with one submission.