An administrative assistant provides various administrative support to an individual or group within a company.
It’s a very broad job, and can be a position in almost any industry.
An administrative assistant manages and distributes critical information within the office. This typically includes filing information, answering incoming phone calls, making outbound calls, taking messages, and greeting incoming clients or customers.
Administrative assistants also help with planning and scheduling events within a company. These events may be for board meetings, a client meeting or a luncheon.
Lastly, an administrative assistant may occasionally be asked to create various documents. Require an administrative assistant to be comfortable with typing, proofreading and editing documents.
The administrative assistant job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
See the full list of job description templates.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant at COMPANY NAME
NAME in LOCATION seeks qualified administrative assistant with a high level of organization and the ability to provide outstanding administration support.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Extraordinary time management skills, coupled with honesty, trustworthiness, and respectfulness
- Strong team player
- Familiarity with MS Office and Google Docs
- A proactive and driven attitude
- Distributing information
- Filing documents
- Answering phone calls
- Creation of documents
- Greeting clients or customers
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
Job Seekers: Search for Administrative Assistant jobs now and apply on Proven.